How To Charge A Car Battery Without A Charger? If your car battery has died, you may be tempted to call a tow truck or roadside assistance. But before you do that, you should know that you can charge a car battery without a charger. All you need is another car with a working battery, some jumper cables, and a strong person to help you out.
How To Charge A Car Battery Without A Charger
Charging a car battery without a charger is actually quite simple. Just follow these steps and you’ll have your car’s battery up and running in no time.
The best way to charge a car battery is with a charger only. A charge is designed to charge a car battery in the most efficient and technical way possible. As a result, you should not use any other method when a charger is available. The following items should be available before trying any of the following methods.
- Wire brush for cleaning.
- Wire probes with clips.
- Sturdy and protective gloves.
- Protective eyewear
If you need to safely charge your battery in your car, you should have them in your car.
1. Park the two cars next to each other so that the batteries are close together.
2. Make sure both cars are turned off and the keys are out of the ignitions.
3. Attach one end of the jumper cables to the positive terminal of the dead battery.
4. Attach the other end of the jumper cables to the positive terminal of the working battery.
5. Have your helper start the working car and let it run for a few minutes.
6. Try starting the car with the dead battery. If it doesn’t start, have your helper rev the engine of the working car for a minute or two.
7. Once the car with the dead battery starts, remove the jumper cables in reverse order: first from the working battery, then from the dead battery.
8. Let your car run for at least 15 minutes so that the battery can recharge itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que 1: Is It Possible To Recharge A Dead Car Battery?
Ans 1: There are ways to fully recharge a dead battery that has been revived by a jump start. As mentioned, the first method is to drive around. A car battery charger, however, can regenerate all of the charges into the battery if that does not work.
Que 2: How Should A Car Battery Be Charged Safely?
Connect the charger’s red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery and the black clamp to the negative terminal. Make sure the clamps are connected to the terminals by wriggling them a little bit. Chargers should be kept as far from batteries as possible for safety.
Also Read: Why Does My Car AC Smell Like Vinegar?
And that’s all there is to it! How To Charge A Car Battery Without A Charger is actually quite simple, as long as you have another car with a working battery and some jumper cables. Just follow these steps and you’ll have your car’s battery up and running in no time.