You will ultimately need to learn how to program a Hyundai key fob and change your Hyundai key fob batteries if you drive a new Hyundai. Anyone looking to replace their present dead or weak battery should consider the Hyundai Key Fob Battery. With this Energizer ECR2032 battery, which is compatible with any OEM Hyundai Key Fob, you can charge up and be prepared.
How To Open Hyundai Key Fob?
The methods for opening the Hyundai key fob are the first thing you’ll need to know if you want to change its batteries. You should be aware that this procedure may vary slightly depending on whether you drive a new Hyundai vehicle or an older one. Check out the steps below:
- Your key fob will open differently if you drive a more recent Hyundai vehicle. By pressing and holding the metal tab or button, start by withdrawing the metal key. Next, insert the metal key into the tiny opening and turn it in either way to release the back cover of your key fob. The case ought to open easily.
- Look for a little notch or imprint down the side of your key fob if you drive an older Hyundai car. The key fob can then be carefully popped out of the gap by rotating a coin or a flat-bladed screwdriver in either direction.
- Once your key fob is disassembled, carefully lift the circuit board to reveal the battery. Before removing the key fob, take a picture or note the battery’s position. The replacement battery will be easy to install as a result.
- Check the type of battery in your key fob and purchase a replacement. A CR2032 battery powers the majority of Hyundai key fobs. These affordable batteries are simple to locate in Fernley or online.
- Use your photo as a guide to insert the Hyundai key fob battery replacement into your key fob. Verify that the battery is in contact with every necessary connection.
- When your keyfob is put back together, replace any metal keys you previously removed.
You’ll need to reprogramme your keyfob to your car once you’ve successfully changed the battery.
Don’t panic; this procedure is just as simple as changing a battery. You will learn how to program a Hyundai key fob at your Carson City home by reading the information below.
Setting Up a Hyundai Key Fob
- You must re-program the key fob to your vehicle after replacing the one that was inside your battery. Reprogramming a Hyundai key fob only a few simple steps. Here is a list of them for you:
- As soon as you get inside your Hyundai, check that all the doors are closed.
- Put your Hyundai’s ignition in the “ACC” (accessory) position using your key.
- Keep pressing the “open” or “unlock” button on the key fob until the light on your car starts to flash.
- Congratulations! Your car has now been paired with your key fob.
You should check to make sure it is operating correctly as a precaution. If not, open the case again to check that the connections are intact, the battery is properly seated, and the battery is touching before reprogramming it to your Hyundai. A Hyundai key fob replacement may be necessary if the key fob is still inoperable.
What Sort of Battery Is Used by a Hyundai Fob?
The key fobs in most Hyundai vehicles are powered by CR2032 batteries.
The CR2032 battery, a 3-volt lithium coin cell, is frequently used in electronic devices like watches and calculators. It is 3.2 mm in height and 20 mm in diameter. This button-cell battery is a suitable option for usage in automotive key fobs because it is widely available and reasonably priced.
Where Can You Buy a CR 2032 3V Battery?
Numerous retail establishments, including pharmacies, supermarkets, and department shops, sell these batteries. You may buy the batteries from the convenience of your home because a lot of these stores now provide online shopping.
There are several websites that offer batteries as well, including specialized stores that only deal in batteries. However, it’s crucial to make sure the website is reliable and that the batteries will be sent safely and arrive on time before making an online battery purchase.
To be extra certain it will fit your Hyundai key fob, we also advise you to double-check that it is the correct battery. After all, you need to make sure you obtain a suitable Hyundai key fob battery in order to change the battery properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que 1: How Long Does The Battery In A Hyundai Key Fob Last?
Ans: Depending on how frequently you use it, a Hyundai key fob battery typically lasts between two and four years. It’s likely time to update the batteries if you notice that your key fob isn’t functioning as well as it once did.
Que 2: Why Will Not My Hyundai Key Fob Work?
Ans: The issue could be anything as simple as a dead battery in your smart key. You’ll be able to tell if that was the problem after changing the battery. Your battery can be changed in a few simple steps. Your smart key fob’s battery cover is located on the backside; pry this off.
It’s really that simple to keep your life going and the things you need close at hand with a little help from Hyundai. You don’t have to worry about your car key fob battery dying on you when you can easily swap it out for a new one in just a few minutes.
So next time, remember to keep a spare Hyundai key fob battery in your console or wherever you normally store other extra batteries in your home. That way, you won’t be left stranded and searching for AAA.