Is it correct Cleaning Headlights With Magic Eraser?
Driving without clear sight poses a huge safety risk. In addition, improperly directed or muted headlights might reduce visibility.
Driving in less-than-ideal conditions is difficult enough; adding cloudy headlights makes it even more difficult.
There’s no getting around the cost of having a professional repair your headlights if they’ve become cloudy.
Fortunately, there are various do-it-yourself methods for clearing up hazy headlights, including the use of a Magic Eraser. This page will explain how to use it.
6 Steps For Cleaning Headlights With Magic Eraser
Cleaning headlights with Magic Eraser is a simple and cost-effective way to restore your car’s headlights to their former glory. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Gather the necessary materials: You will need a Magic Eraser, masking tape, clean water, and a drying cloth.
- Prepare the headlights: To avoid accidentally removing paint from your car, use masking tape to outline the area around the headlights.
- Activate the Magic Eraser: Dip the Magic Eraser into warm water and squeeze it until it is damp but not soaking wet.
- Clean the headlights: Gently buff the headlights in small, circular motions with the Magic Eraser. Avoid applying too much pressure or using it on areas other than the headlights to prevent scratching or rubbing off your car’s body paint or protective film.
- Repeat as necessary: Buff your headlights for approximately 8-10 minutes, re-wetting and re-squeezing the Magic Eraser as needed. Once your headlights are clear again, use a clean towel or cloth to pat them dry.
- Seal the headlights: To keep your headlights clean and clear for longer, apply a moderate headlight sealant to a dry cloth and gently polish them in small motions like what you did with Magic Eraser. The sealant will cause a cloudy layer on your headlights when first applied, but this is only temporary. Your headlight clarity will improve in no time.
Remember that cleaning your headlights is not just about aesthetics but also about safety while driving. Poorly focused or dimmed headlights can reduce visibility and increase the risk of accidents. So, it’s essential to keep them clean and clear.
How Often Should I Clean My Headlights?
The frequency of cleaning your headlights depends on various factors such as the weather, driving conditions, and the amount of dirt and grime that accumulates on your headlights. As a general rule of thumb, it’s recommended to clean your headlights at least once every three to six months. However, if you live in an area with harsh weather conditions or frequently drive on dusty or muddy roads, you may need to clean them more often.
It’s important to note that cleaning your headlights is not just about aesthetics but also about safety while driving. Poorly focused or dimmed headlights can reduce visibility and increase the risk of accidents. So, it’s essential to keep them clean and clear.
Why Cleaning Headlights With Magic Eraser Matter?
Clean headlights are essential for safe driving.
- When your headlights are clean, they project light farther and brighter, ensuring that you see the road clearly during nighttime drives.
- Moreover, other drivers can spot you from a distance, reducing the chances of collisions.
- Apart from safety, there’s the aesthetic aspect. Your car reflects your personality.
- Clouded headlights can give an impression of neglect.
- A sparkling headlight, on the other hand, can instantly elevate your vehicle’s appearance.
Some Additional Tips For Cleaning Your Headlights With A Magic Eraser
- Use a new Magic Eraser each time you clean your headlights.
- Avoid using too much pressure when scrubbing, as this can damage the headlight lenses.
- Rinse the headlights thoroughly with water after cleaning.
- Apply a headlight sealant to protect the lenses from dirt and grime.
By following these tips, you can keep your headlights clean and clear for longer.
Cleaning your headlights with a Magic Eraser is a simple, cost-effective, and effective way to improve their clarity and visibility. It is a quick and easy DIY project that can be done in a matter of minutes. By following the steps above, you can restore your headlights to their former glory and improve your driving safety.